Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tortas Ahogadas

Fortunately, it stopped raining for about an hour and a half.  Enough time for me to walk around in search of food and to get a lay of the land.  Guadalajara is known for sandwiches called tortas ahogadas (literally drowned sandwiches).  This is what Liliana's aunt had us searching all over Guadalajara for on the way to Manzanillo for Spring Break.  In the end, her favorite place had been closed and we ate tacos.
I saw several places, but got turned around and settled on the next one I found.
I ordered my torta ahogada and horchata but it was pink!  I hope that doesn't mean it had strawberry Quick in it!

I must admit I was disappointed.  I had had a torta ahogada in Culiacán and it was much better.  This one seemed to want to challenge you with its spiciness.  The horchata was pretty incredible though!  I headed back to the hotel to make a plan, but it began raining again, so I curled up with a book for a bit.

1 comment:

MOM said...

The horchata doesn't look so much like strawberry Quik as PeptoBismol!