Thursday, July 9, 2009

The big day- or not.

Friday was unfortunately another miserably rainy day.  Again I made it out (though I got seriously splashed by the cars this time) during a pause from the downpour for my meals, but other than that, I was in the hotel reading a James Patterson book.  I finished it.  Another thing to leave out of the suitcase!
There are several neighborhoods of interest in Guadalajara and of course there's the tequila tasting, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Rain has a way of doing that to me.  This was the same thing that happened to me in Barcelona.  Everyone- every single person you will ever run across- raves about Barcelona.  I liked it, don't get me wrong, but I was wet the whole weekend.  And peeved about it.  I think Barcelona has much more to offer than Guadalajara, but I lump them in the same category: places I could've liked more had I not been thinking "don't get me wet!"
Oh, well.  I now feel like I never have to plan a trip there.
I had a terrible night's sleep the night before due to a band in the lobby, a street front room, and no fan or a/c to make noise.  I reverted to iPod therapy.  It had worked.  More or less.
Because of this, I was actually pretty okay with reading, packing, etc instead of traipsing all over a city in the rain to see another church and another plaza.  Unfortunately, this attitude (and the rain and precaution I take with my fancy camera) left me with no pictures from Guadalajara besides the food.

No comments: