Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The rest of Monday


I had stopped into the market to check out the lunch situation before I headed to the church and mine.  I saw lots of seafood, which would have tempted me had we been anywhere remotely close to water.  But we weren't.  So I walked some and found a taco place.  I had a
quesadilla and an horchata, neither as good as in Culiacán.
When I got back to the house after the mine, I was exhausted, but it was 5:15, and that didn't really leave enough time to sleep or do anything, so when Donna asked if I was still up for kickboxing, I said yes!
So we left 30 minutes later and the class was killer.  It took me back to my high school days with Loralee in the gym at church.  It was a great workout.  It was really hard!  I haven't done an hour of cardio in a long time.  Maybe in my life!  I'm used to 30-45 minute kickboxing classes, but not an HOUR!  But I was glad to have done it.  
I was dripping wet of course, which I would've been after any exercise class, but it gets amplified in Mexico where the gym isn't air conditioned!
We went back to the house, dried off and slicked our hair back and headed out for dinner.  There was a cool little café that fed lots of university students and had a great ambiance.  Donna and I each got a salad.  Mine had some spinach, apples, goat cheese, chicken, and I don't remember what else.  It was right up my alley!  I got an orangeade to drink.  It was a great meal, and I bought theirs to thank them for letting me stay with them.  200 pesos for two salads, a sandwich, and two drinks.  I'm gonna miss this country!
After getting back to the apartment, we showered and played board games with Alina before settling in for the night.

No comments: