Thursday, July 9, 2009

Donas

After I had read and relaxed some, I resigned to the rain and took a shower ready to call it a night.  However, there was a moment it let up again!  I seized the opportunity and went in search of a donut (dona) place I had seen while torta ahogada hunting. I found it!  It was a tiny little baggie of miniature donuts.  They're chewier here and less gritty when you bite into them.  Yum!  I topped it off with a scoop of chocolate ice cream.  I actually got it with the intent of throwing it out because Mexican ice cream (the creamy kind, not the fruit flavors) tends to be dry tasting.  I know no other way to explain it than that.  I was pleasantly surprised.  It was delicious and even had some ice flecks in it.  Unfortunately I finished it.  And the baggie of donuts.  However, in a matter of weeks, I'll be back to my salads and veggies world with only the occasion dessert.  You only live once!  I sat on a wet park bench enjoying my sugar overload and took in the people that didn't seem to mind getting wet as much as I do!  Then I called it a night.

No comments: