Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hola de Culiacan!

I am here!  I wrote a blog in the Guadalajara airport during my three hour layover, but I can't get stinkin' blogspot to copy and paste.  It pastes to the bottom of the screen instead of in the text box...
Anyhow, I'm here.  And I have constant internet access at the house.
I got here without my luggage, but Mabel just this minute came in to tell me they had just called and it's at the airport.  Gracias a Dios!  Let me tell you how cute and fun she is.  She's about as good of a living match as Yuri was a teaching match.  
Tomorrow I'm going with her to the University where she teaches because she has to give a test.  Then we'll pick up my luggage.  Then I may or may not have a meeting with the Secretary of Education for at least the city, maybe for the state?  Then we'll go see the school.  School did start last week, but English (in all schools) will not start until Monday.  Life is good.
Thursday, I have some sort of training on the new textbooks-won't it be fun to have a text from which to teach?! And Friday I have a "small group" meeting with my enlace, who is my advisor/bossish.
Saturday we will attempt to get me completely settled with hangers for my clothes that are now going to be here, a cell phone, a mailboxes, etc box for mail, and the bus system for work starting Monday.  I can't WAIT to see what it's actually like!
Yuri's mother and aunt have both already called wanting to meet me.  Her aunt wants to take me to church which is great.  I think Mabel is neither Catholic nor Christian, so she won't be taking me around the church scene, but she might want to come!
It's going to be an amazing year.  Thanks for your thoughts, prayers, encouragement and support!
More with pictures, etc once I have my room set up. :)
Love and hugs
PS- if you were not on my email list broadcasting my celebrity in the big city of Glasgow, click here and look for August 24.
Also, if you didn't get the email from me saying I'm here and want to be added to my list (which will be infrequent since I'll post on here a lot), email me at senoritaklapheke@gmail.com.  Gracias!

No comments: