Saturday, May 3, 2008

Boston-bound

This Thursday, Megan and I will venture to Boston for an orientation-type meeting about how to properly welcome and prepare for your exchange teacher. Emily, my principal, was supposed to come with me but had conflicts with most of the possible orientation dates. Luckily, Megan will be Yuri's mentor, and she was available to go. The meeting is Saturday from 9-4, but Emily thought it might be better if we had a few days to see Boston! :) So we're off to Boston Thursday at 1pm.
I was pumped this week to learn that Yuri's school starts at the end of August, so after I go to DC for a week, meet Yuri and get properly oriented, I'll still have a week or so to pack, say goodbye, and see what's going on at Lockeland. I think it'll make an easier transition with me still here while Yuri starts.
I'm getting so excited!! The next blog promises pictures from Boston...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

I loved your new blog and look foward to keeping up with your adventures from Mexico. The multiple colors make your blog readable and fun. Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Laura, it's me again. I just talked to Honey. The goal is to convince her that she needs to check your blog to stay connected while you are in Mexico. If I can get her interested in your blog, maybe I can move her on to another step in cyberspace. Suzanne

Jenna said...

Hope you had fun in Boston. Call me soon :)