Sunday, September 20, 2009

THE BIG PARTY!

Mayra was set to pick me up at 9. It was 9:30 of course before she got there. She still discussed "dinner at La Ceiba" as if she hadn't been the one to ruin the surprise for me. We made our way to Iván's and were the second ones there. Quinantzin was the only other person there! What an anti-climactic, ruined surprise guys! Thanks, really!
I walk into the house and there was the larger than life Radamés. Alma had cut her face out of a picture and added it on top as well as a personal Spanglish message. I had expected the man. And I had assumed she would do something semi-sweet with it, but I wasn't really ready for that. We got some quick pictures and then I made Mayra take me back home to change clothes.
It was such a hot night, that I was already starting to sweat through my new top, and I had only been there five minutes. I was chugging cold water and not doing any activity, so I decided I needed to put on something a little more "sweat friendly." I used the white skirt (and not being able to sit down on anything outside) as my excuse to most, instead of hitting them with the too-honest, "I'm sweating like a man already and I don't like the way this outfit looks with sweat rings, lines, and puddles!"

No comments: